POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 10 Mar 2008 07:05:01
Message: <web.47d522ed32e069a866bf80e30@news.povray.org>
> 1) How do we accept new voters?
> 2) Should submitters be allowed to vote in the round they submit to?

I propose that submitters are the only people allowed to vote. They earn that
privilege by contributing to the competition. I propose this is cumulative in
the sense that any entrant who has successfully been  awarded a prize/place is
then a voter in perpetuity.

> I intend to allow voters to rate each image in 4 categories

I personally often found these categories difficult to distinguish.

I would tend to err on the side of simplicity and have one category ... "best
PovRay rendering of theme ...".
I haven't gone back and checked the old system but wonder if the technical and
artistic didn't generally correlate quite highly. Adearance to theme ... well
aren't submitters going to rank theme relevant entries automatically?

> 4) Should we allow partial voting?
>  - by this I mean rating some images but not all

One needs to rank all of them, in order to make this a time efficient process
then this reenforces a single category.

Or, one ranks the top N images (potentially in each category). This did seem to
work well for the scc competitions.

Personally, I think source code should be mandatory. Especially if there is a
technical category.