POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 7 Mar 2008 13:00:00
Message: <web.47d18160430c9a655a8888d90@news.povray.org>
It warmed my heart to see so many people acknowledge that learning to draw
rather well is a pretty challenging task requiring some real effort. (BTW, that
was genuine feeling and not sarcasm - I've been told that, with me, it can be
difficult to tell sometimes.)

I'd like to take a moment to encourage anyone who is interested in learning to
draw the human figure to look into the works of artistic anatomist George
Bridgeman and his "constructive anatomy" technique.  Although I generally
recommend his work even to a general audience, it seems to me that his approach
is ESPECIALLY useful for POVers in that he breaks down anatomical components to
basic solids.

A good introduction can be found here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/334333/Constructive-Anatomy?ga_related_doc=1

(Folks with "normal" to slow connections might have to be patient waiting for
all the pages to load, but it WILL be worth it.)

Best Regards,
Mike C.