POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Unhandled Exception vs. Parse error : Re: Unhandled Exception vs. Parse error Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unhandled Exception vs. Parse error
From: How Camp
Date: 7 Mar 2008 07:55:00
Message: <web.47d1398d82b41cc4c59235590@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:

> I believe this bug is already fixed in 3.7 beta,
> at least I can't duplicate it in beta.

Good to know.  Can anyone else verify this?

> And of course Y is an undefined identifier, it's
> just a mishandled exception in 3.6, so just make
> sure you create that sort of variable before using
> it in an #if and everything will be fine.

Yes, there's clearly an easy away around the issue.  But the fact that it
crashes instead of throws a parse error is worth noting, IMHO.

> (shouldn't this thread have been in p.bugreports?)

My understanding has always been it's better to discuss and verify an issue
before burdening the POV Team with a true bugreport.  Case in point, if they've
fixed the issue in 3.7 beta then there's probably no real point in posting an
official bugreport about 3.6...