POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Mar 2008 23:25:00
Message: <web.47d0c302430c9a65dcbe19c60@news.povray.org>
> You're absolutely right; but that's not my problem. I can't even play
> around with plain old layers efficiently. Maybe PSP5 interface sucks and
> it's only my years of experience with it that make it easy. I don't know.

no, it doesn't suck.  It's pretty good.  But so is Gimp, except it's
multiwindowed interface turns off a lot of people (though docking and tabbing
dialogs are a step in the right direction).

> > here, a 1 hour Gimp hack.  Too bad I'm an untalented drawing geek...
>
> Wow, better than I'd ever do using inkscape, gimp, photoshop, or all
> three...

thanks, but composition is really awkward. :P

hint:  just 3 path shapes stroked and filled.  The rest is just playing around
with layers, layer modes (Multiplication, Dissolve etc), color adjustments,
layer masks, selection feathering and a few gaussian blurs...