POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Mar 2008 22:35:01
Message: <web.47d0b79d430c9a65dcbe19c60@news.povray.org>
> Gilles Tran escribió:
> > or the Gimp (the horror, the horror)
>
> I just ended getting frustrated with GIMP. Copied Paint Shop Pro folder
> from my other machine.
>
> http://stuff.povaddict.com.ar/psp5.png
>
> *Now* I can get productive.

I wish the Gimp and Inkscape merged in some way.  Most of the commercial
products are not pure vector or bitmap tools anymore, reusing their codes as
much as it's needed, but focusing more on either drawing or editing.  In
particular, brushing strokes in most tools are bitmap brushes applied along
vector paths, so that strokes can be easily edited.

The Gimp is a kickass bitmap editor with many options, filters, palletes, brushs
and whatmore, but lacks a decent drawing tool.  It works ok for drawing only if

Inkscape is wonderful for drawing, but still lacks maturity and easily editable
vector-based strokes.  Both software could benefit imensely from a merge and
unified framework around Cairo.

here, a 1 hour Gimp hack.  Too bad I'm an untalented drawing geek...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'notes.png' (373 KB)

Preview of image 'notes.png'