POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : using a quad core linux box to speed up povray : Re: using a quad core linux box to speed up povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using a quad core linux box to speed up povray
From: Rahul
Date: 5 Mar 2008 19:55:00
Message: <web.47cf3fcba2f2860c59eba08c0@news.povray.org>

> > 2. Somehow get povray setup so that it can take advantage of all 4 cores
>
> Just get the POV-Ray 3.7 beta which has multithreading support.

Thanks Nicholas! I will try to upgrade to that one although I'm not too sure I
want to go to a beta version on my production system.

I am using Version 3.6.1 right now.  With this version if I start 4 independent
povray processes in quick succession and backgrounded will each one run on a
different core? How does one control that?

-Rahul