POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I have a blog too now...! : Re: I have a blog too now...! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have a blog too now...!
From: Dan Byers
Date: 5 Mar 2008 12:50:00
Message: <web.47cedc491766324da8d0b25a0@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Can you customize a few colors or style sheets, or have you complete control
> over every aspect of the HTML/CSS that the blog consists of?

Colors, stylesheets and if you know PHP, then the whole shebang.  I'm not versed
in the ways of PHP, so I don't know how easy it actually is, but there's
documentation on their site...

> > Blogger also has a horrible reputation for being a spammer's haven.
>
> Ugh, that doesn't sound good. How's that possible when they require word
> recognision before posting a comment (if not logged in to a google account)?

Let me re-phrase that:  their comment-spam protection is probably as good as
anyone else's (if you can moderate a comment on any blog service, you can
guarantee yourself no comment-spamming); rather, I'm referring to splogging and
Google's apparent disinterest in combatting it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/jul/12/guardianweeklytechnologysection.it

--
Dan
GoofyGraffix.com