POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I have a blog too now...! : Re: I have a blog too now...! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I have a blog too now...!
From: Dan Byers
Date: 5 Mar 2008 11:25:00
Message: <web.47cec8cd1766324da8d0b25a0@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Anyway, do WordPress allow this "publish via FTP" thing?

I don't know about FTP, but you can publish via email, although it won't allow
you to select a category.

> And what do you
> think are the advantages of WordPress over Blogger?

I like running the WP code from my server (I'm a control freak like that), there
are a large number of themes (and all of them customizable... is that even a
word??), and there are some nice plugins to keep track of stats, spam
protection, blah blah blah.  Blogger also has a horrible reputation for being a
spammer's haven.

I don't know... WordPress is not perfect, and I know there are other blog
software packages out there that are comparable, maybe even better.  I just
like having a few gazillion themes to choose from so I don't have to hurt my
few and far-between brain cells designing yet another website.  And you can't
argue with the price ;)

--
Dan
GoofyGraffix.com