POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : solid assignment : solid assignment Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  solid assignment
From: Meothuru
Date: 4 Mar 2008 01:00:01
Message: <web.47cce4aa5d6af01e2a42a77a0@news.povray.org>
Currently I write a simple tool, which allows to split scenes in up
to 16 segments and let them render parallel(See the snapshot below).
After all segments has been rendered, the segments are automatic
build up to the general view.

In the past I wrote a similar tool for animations...so this is *not*
the problem to realize  it.

My problem is:
The program must check all running tasks. This is no problem, as long only
one scene is rendered. But I sometimes rendering more the one scene/animation
parallel. And so with this "Splitter"-tool something like this
will be "normal".

Example:

 scene 1  - running with 2 tasks  (PID 1202 and PID 1203)
 sence 2 -  runnning with 1 task  (PID 2078)
 scene 3 - running with 4 tasks    (PID's 3207 .. 3210 )
 animation - running with 2 tasks   PID's  3921 and 3922)

and all this is running at the same time.
To read out the PID of a task is no problem, but the method to identify and
assign a specific task to a specific scene in a *solid* way...this is my
problem.

So my question:
How can assign in a *solid* way, the  tasks to a specific scene/animation ?
Or does anybody know, where I can finde more infos (links, books) ?

btw.
I'm using LINUX

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: