POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet : Re: Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apple cores: a gesture of goodwill towards a post-apocalyptic planet
From: gregjohn
Date: 26 Feb 2008 07:10:00
Message: <web.47c40104eb19bdc834d207310@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> But there were volcanoes, the natural decay of vegetation, the
> weathering of carbonate rock, and other natural processes.  Those
> processes exist today, as well.  And that's just for carbon dioxide.
>
> The number one greenhouse gas, more potent and existing in far greater
> quantities than anything we make, is water vapor.  Water vapor is
> responsible for the vast majority of the greenhouse effect.

Unless your intent was to deceive, you should also state the greenhouse forcing
of those relative components existing at percent vs. ppm levels.  (I guess your
actual intent was not to deceive, but that you trusted someone who trusted
someone who trusted someone whose actual intent was to deceive: there's a
problem in judgment somewhere in that chain).

As far as biofuels and CO2 emissions: Here's a shameless plug to my blog's
article on "Who was really in favor of biofuels?"

http://pterandon.blogspot.com/2008/02/who-was-really-in-favor-of-biofuels.html