POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Render segmented image - how? : Render segmented image - how? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Render segmented image - how?
From: Frank
Date: 22 Feb 2008 09:30:00
Message: <web.47bedb24e47a3773d2e4c6e60@news.povray.org>
I have a 3D voxel image of 256 by 256 by 256 voxels of a heart, which is already
segmented. Let's assume that the left ventricle is marked by a 1 in the image,
the right ventricle by a 2, the outside by a 0. I would like to render the
geometry in povray, with the surface of the segments smoothed out, left
ventricle in blue, right in red. I need reflection on the surface, meaning I
want to define a solid object.

I could produce a geometry file that contains lots of small boxes given with
their full dimensions, and unite them for the respective objects, or a massive
number of blobs - but that seems uneffective, and I failed to create a smooth
(!) volume from these blocks anyway.

Any suggestions? I couldn't find a simple object that does what I need. Maybe it
can be done with a density file? I tried to, but couldn't get reflections on the
surface to work.

Frank