POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: delle
Date: 22 Feb 2008 05:30:01
Message: <web.47bea297b014483d27eef15b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:

> The lighting model implemented in POV is about the simplest available, what
> was first used on 3D cards 10 years ago.  Today there are far more accurate
> models used, you must have heard names like Cook-Torrence, Blinn etc, if
> you've never looked outside of POV you wouldn't know they existed.  They
> start to model the microfacets on a surface and produce lighting results
> based on the geometry and physics of the microfacets (eg occlusion,
> self-shadowing etc).  Then there's anisotropic materials like brushed metal,
> where the properties are different depending on which direction the light is
> coming from.

I've waited for that Path for years. At the end I've coded it by myself.

Currently I support:

- Blinn (original)
- Phong (original)
- Cook Torrance
- Ward
- Minneart
- Oren Nayar

In this scene I've changed ONLY the light model

Delle

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'complex lighting.jpg' (105 KB)

Preview of image 'complex lighting.jpg'
complex lighting.jpg