POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : My animation crashed POV-RAY : My animation crashed POV-RAY Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:45:05 EDT (-0400)
  My animation crashed POV-RAY
From: melo
Date: 21 Feb 2008 01:35:00
Message: <web.47bd191c1f639ab3587ef5e20@news.povray.org>
After all the feedback and pointers I had gotten, and countless hours I had
invested, I was able to get my animation looking smooth enough, no jumping back
to default pose between FRAMES, I could remember where the last pose was and
continue from there on.  Well, what was left to correct my pose files.

Well, first step pose file was done, and just then as I thought I was on a roll,
POV-RAY crashed, It could not even render frame_number = 1, it displayed
and errror window saying:

    "The POV_Ray core rendering code threw an unhandled exception.

     The backend thread has been shut down and you will not be able to
     perform any further renders.

    (Note that if internal structures have been damaged POV-Ray may crash
    immediately,..

Well. POV-RAY did not crash immediately, however message window did not contain
any further insights that might help me to come up with a work around despite
my countless debugging statements.

I am working on a DELL dual core , under Win Vista Home Premium O/S.

Is there  listserve dedicated to reporting system crashes?

Thanks,
Meltem