POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : radiosity and distributed rendering? : radiosity and distributed rendering? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  radiosity and distributed rendering?
From: JH
Date: 19 Feb 2008 09:30:00
Message: <web.47bae6fbb5d299a223eca01f0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I have a scene that would take some 280 hours to render with
radiosity/antialiasing, so I'd like to find a way of splitting it into smaller
segments and rendering each segment separately.  Is there a way to do it?

 - If I just render each segment, I get severe banding.

 - If I turn off antialiasing, save a radiosity file, and load the file for use
with antialiasing, I get very poor results. (I thought this would work better.)

 - I assume that httpov won't help, right?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.