POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Coordinates baking in pov : Coordinates baking in pov Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Coordinates baking in pov
From: H  Karsten
Date: 18 Feb 2008 08:35:01
Message: <web.47b9887c93fc6a8bf8a489ba0@news.povray.org>
Hi people, I have the problem, that I need to have the position and orientation
of an object in povray. But all objects are translated couple of times by using
several values! By using macros like this:

#macro rotation(ctr)
(<
degrees(rot(ctr).y),
degrees(rot(ctr).z),
-degrees(rot(ctr).x)>
)
#end

#macro position(ctr)
(<-pos(ctr).y,-pos(ctr).z,pos(ctr).x>)
#end

#macro fluking(ctr)
(<degrees(flk(ctr).u),flk(ctr).v>)
#end

rot(bla),pos and flk are splines, defined by thousands of entry's!

I need to write a file, with contains the absolute position and rotation of
these objects.

Any ideas?