POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think I need more cores... : Re: I think I need more cores... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think I need more cores...
From: H  Karsten
Date: 18 Feb 2008 07:25:01
Message: <web.47b978c0a7c4e58f8a489ba0@news.povray.org>
> My poor dual core can't keep up :(
>
> I think I'm one of the few home users who could get some real use out of
> an 8 core machine :)
>
> --
> ...Ben Chambers
> www.pacificwebguy.com

Hi Ben
I've got this machine, and I'm think about maybe to give it away.
http://supermicro.com/products/system/4U/8044/SYS-8044T-8R.cfm

It has 4 CPUs and 8 Cores 16VirtualCores with Hypertreading active.
The CPUs are: Xeon 7120 Dual 3GHz and it has 8GB Memory.

I'll need this machine until end of April ore May. Are you interested?

-holger-

Ps.: Its very loud :(