POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Feb 2008 14:10:00
Message: <web.47b734be9d4c0fa7cd85e21f0@news.povray.org>
"somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> It really doesn't matter if people get shot at a school or bus stop.
> *School* shootings is not the problem, and constitute a very minor risk and
> a very minor problem/disturbance in society, when one looks at it
> objectively. *Shootings* are the problem. But school shootings get an
> inordinate amount of media attention.

yes, I wonder why would it be that way.  Perhaps because those who are parents
can't get on with the idea that places previously thought safe for their kids
are not anymore!!

shootings are bad, alright.  But shootings in streets between drug dealers is
one thing, shootings in schools is another entirely.

what next will get media attention?  Shootings in hospitals, shootings in sports
stadiums, shootings in music conservatories?... People react to things they've
never seen before.  After that, they just think it's normal.  Perhaps the next
time a plane hits a building it'll not be that shocking anymore, just another
routine...