POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Feb 2008 13:50:01
Message: <web.47b72f939d4c0fa7cd85e21f0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> Increased reporting, indeed. But I see little difference from when I was young.
> The media loves a panic it gives them a greater audience. Oo ar, Oo ar, Oo ar :)

Violence is schools started by the 1970's.  How about trusting in documented
evidence (or lack of) rather than personal memories (which are always betraying
us)?

Unless gory details were suppressed by the press in the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's
and the lisergic 60's, I think the absence of violent acts like this is pretty
much non documented.  Not just the press:  I don't recall either movies or
books plots dealing about school shootings.  Pretty much all criminal TV shows
have had school shootings or civilian sharpshooters in their plots by now.

Things have been downhill for quite a while for those who have eyes to see.  I'm
not preaching Apocalypse, though.