POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request for *.df4 format (ASCII text based) : Re: Request for *.df4 format (ASCII text based) Server Time
5 May 2024 06:43:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request for *.df4 format (ASCII text based)
From: Woody
Date: 15 Feb 2008 21:55:01
Message: <web.47b64fc7f13a83cf7ad34f770@news.povray.org>
>   Writing the current DF3 file from a program (in basically any language)
> is quite trivial. If you don't know how, just ask.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Warp,

If you every have a few moments do you think you could modify the source code
you posted at http://news.povray.org/4799ff49%40news.povray.org, so that it can
take one or more *.txt files specified in the command line (instead of the
testdata.txt) and output them into df3 format with the same name (except for
the txt extension).

If nothing is entered in the command line have it print the directions and a
"C++ Code developed by Warp". But this last part is just being needy on my part
and I can probably write that code myself.

-Jeff