POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Northern Illinois University Student Attack : Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Northern Illinois University Student Attack
From: alphaQuad
Date: 15 Feb 2008 19:45:00
Message: <web.47b631929d4c0fa7d69d4c1c0@news.povray.org>
And lets not forget that the images seen or described has been extremely
upsetting to us, well, at least to me, as I cant speak for others.

Considering I probably achieved the same level of outrage as the shooter must
have had, I did at least an adequit job commmunating in a situtation where
communication is difficult at best. Only diffference he was enraged and I am
outraged which is call to action as opposed to going postal on people.

Someone still needs their ass kicked for this and it would be best if we kicked
the right people. Knowing what he had been given, considering all previous
incidents, would be enough evidence to reveal the real cause.

Again given the facts of the drug war where no one gets real meds, mental
patients get a chemical lobotomy instead of real treatment, I for one clearly
see the culprit of governmental and pharmaceutical profiteering. Bastards.

By Ben Stein
ONE of the best conspiracy movies ever made is the perfect British classic, "The
Third Man." In the most haunting scene, the villain, played adroitly by Orson
Welles, takes Joseph Cotten, the good guy, up in a Ferris wheel. The villain,
named Harry Lime, has been selling adulterated penicillin in postwar Vienna,
making a fortune and causing children to become paralyzed and die.

Mr. Cotten's character, a pulp fiction writer named Holly Martins, asks him how
he could do such an evil thing for money. The two men are at the top of the
Ferris wheel, and the people below them look like tiny dots. Mr. Welles's
villain looks down and says, "Tell me, would you really feel any pity if one of

stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you
calculate how many dots you could afford to spare?"

This scene comes to mind when I think of Glenn F. Tilton and other executives of
the UAL Corporation and the hapless employees of its primary business, United
Airlines. Its history is a perfect text for the ethical morass in which
American business often finds itself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/29/business/yourmoney/29every.html
if you want to read it all.