POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Motion Capture : Motion Capture Server Time
4 May 2024 04:53:23 EDT (-0400)
  Motion Capture
From: melo
Date: 15 Feb 2008 02:10:01
Message: <web.47b53aaa96bac4aa92254edf0@news.povray.org>
Has anyone figured out an economic way to handle motion capture to use for
skeletal animation joint rotation vector specifications in different poses?

I presume, digital image processing with multiple digital cameras with optical
markers might still be the least expensive option?

So far, I have used pose pictures in Character animation books, drew some
pictures for myself, and from those picture eyeballed the joint rotation
vectors.

Given I have 23 joint rotation vectors, 10-15 of which get involved in most
gross poses I played with. The going had been extremely slow.

Thanks,
Meltem