POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. : Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:32:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted.
From: omniverse
Date: 12 Feb 2008 19:25:01
Message: <web.47b237ad86589f5aaacc8f30@news.povray.org>
I always watched Leo LaPorte on TechTV years ago. Took me some getting used to
at first. Kept thinking he was stepping indoors from a California beach every
time. ;) I think he must have had a frisbee made from a laser video disc
someplace. :D Liked that show, and the others. Erica Hill doing CNN now, very
sad when James Kim and family got lost in the mountains a while ago.

This was a fun listen, so my immense thanks for doing this interview and posting
about it here (whomever did, I'm replying to the end of the web view).

The topic of physical reality (of light) was only touched upon near the end.
That could have been interesting. Leo asked something about the possibility of
doing a spectrum in a prism after David and Chris left the talk.
There's a whole subject about recreating true characteristics of light and
reflection that was only hinted at. Most of the talk concerned artistic merits
of POV, or the coding changes; obvious why that was. :)

I'm in complete agreement about the awe-inspiring abilities people have to get
both programming and art together. It fascinates me whenever I see any of it,
new or old stuff. I think it's something overlooked in other CGI related
things. You can't really miss that point about POV-Ray.

Thank you again. I've been getting farther from the goings-on here in recent
years so this was great.

Bob Hughes