POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question for SQLers out there : Re: Question for SQLers out there Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question for SQLers out there
From: Dan Byers
Date: 12 Feb 2008 12:35:00
Message: <web.47b1d8a8e388923da8d0b25a0@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:

> Shame. I feel for them (not)
> That's what they get for not using stored procedures.

In their defense, a lot of the code is for generating SQL on-the-fly for viewing
certain windows, screens, whatever, based on the user selecting certain options
in whichever screen they're using.  BTW we're talking about a telco billing
application with over 300 tables and a huge number of windows, screens,
dropdowns, etc., used to manage customers, billing, delinquencies, switch
activation, trouble tickets, external plant management (all the cables and
telephone poles -- the physical components that carry the phone/cable/internet
service to a house/business).  They do use a large number of stored procs for
the real heavy-lifting (I counted almost 700).

--
Dan
GoofyGraffix.com