POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 31 : Re: Liquid animation 31 Server Time
27 Jun 2024 17:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 31
From: triple r
Date: 11 Feb 2008 22:55:00
Message: <web.47b118013422827eae42298f0@news.povray.org>
"fidos" <fid### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With the same simulation results of my last post in the group, I used PovRay 3.7
> beta23 to try to do a multi CPU rendering on a Intel Q6600.

Beautiful!  If you moved the camera along a spline, added some mood lighting,
and hid the source behind something -- I know you can't really move it out of
the rectangle -- this would be even more impressive.

To ask the obvious, isn't animation-rendering embarrassingly parallel?  Can't
you just render four frames at a time?  I just finished parsing and rendering
about 80+ GB of data on a Q6600 last night.  Just split up the files into three
directories. and ran them separately.

Wish someone would assign me a project like this.  Then I could justify spending
time on it.  Apparently Roe schemes and discontinuous Galerkin are more
interesting.  So I'm just milking last year's CFD data for all it's worth
instead.  Oh well.  Some day.

Random thoughts.  But very nice.

 - Ricky