POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help Installing Beta 25 : Re: Help Installing Beta 25 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help Installing Beta 25
From: Fulcrum77
Date: 9 Feb 2008 15:55:01
Message: <web.47ae12c2a6d44ef76034fc500@news.povray.org>
I tried all the suggestions mentioned above and nothing seems to work for me.
When I install 3.6.1, it works perfectly, but when I install any of the beta
stuff, nothing runs.  I run the beta executable and I get the hourglass for a
brief second and then nothing.  Not even a process that spawns while I'm
looking at the task manager.  If anyone has any other thoughts or ideas I would
love to hear them.  My specs are as follows:

Windows XP SP2 with all updates
Intel Core 2 Quad running at 3.5GHz
4GB DDR2-1095 (3.25GB recognized in WinXp)
Abit IP35 Pro MoBo
XFX 8800GT w/512MB
Seagate 250GB x 2 in RAID 0

Thanks everyone for the input so far.  I appreciate it.

Ryan