POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. : Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted.
From: Russell Towle
Date: 8 Feb 2008 17:35:00
Message: <web.47acd81086589f54d24c30b0@news.povray.org>
David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
> The FLOSS Weekly episode on POV-Ray has now been posted.
>
>  http://twit.tv/floss24
>
> Enjoy.
>
> David Buck

It was quite interesting to hear the interview. I know that so many people, like
myself, feel an immense debt of gratitude to David K. Buck and to the whole
POV-Ray development team; for, so much quality has been added to our lives!

I only have dial-up and managed to listen to about half of the interview. Long
enough, though, to hear one of the interviewers remark upon the quasi-broken
status of POV-Ray on Mac OSX. This was correctly attributed to Apple's change
to the Intel processor.

It would have been nice if it had been mentioned that MacMegaPOV works perfectly
well on the new Intel Macs, although, regrettably, for the moment, it does not
allow one to save animations directly into QuickTime.

At any rate, thanks very much to all who have made POV-Ray what it is!

--Russell Towle