POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. : Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FLOSS Weekly episode is now posted.
From: nemesis
Date: 8 Feb 2008 17:10:00
Message: <web.47acd24386589f5c2a1486d0@news.povray.org>
I liked that the recent thread of implementing a webserver in povray SDL got
mentioned! :)

In the end, when David and Chris were off, they were actually talking about
trying to get such a cool tool in the hands of students.  In fact, I've
wondered about it for long as well:  why not expose math students to povray
rather than boring plotters or Fortran?  The SDL offers better constructs than
Fortran as a first programming language and the renderer is obviously far
better than most algebraic plotters.  It's very enticing to learn math and
geometry that way...