POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bevelled extruded shapes and text : Re: Bevelled extruded shapes and text Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bevelled extruded shapes and text
From: tiresias
Date: 8 Feb 2008 12:20:00
Message: <web.47ac8ef5420e7654ece4ae9e0@news.povray.org>
A closer look through my old model files shows that although I'd tried Wings3D,
it just didn't work. What I ended up using was Elefont which takes a Truetype
font, allows you to bevel it in a variety of ways and then export it as a
POV-Ray .inc file. I've just tried this again and it works very well indeed.

So to summarise in case it helps anyone else....

1. Take your logo design in CorelDraw and make sure it is "Arrange->Combine"-ed
into a single object.
2. Move the object to the extreme bottom-left of the page - this is the origin
that is used by the export feature
3. File->Export as TrueType. Enter a file name and a font family name. Select a
letter to assign your logo to. You can adjust the point size if necessary.
4. Install the font file into Windows
5. In Elefont, click the F button and select the font family name you just
created.
6. Mess with the bevelling effects (B button), extrusion depth etc.
7. Click the S button to save the bevelled logo. Enter a file name and select
the Pov file type (.inc/.udo)

Your bevelled logo is now in the .inc file.

One of the buttons in Elefont allows you to change the smoothness of curves by
dragging left or right. I found that the highest smoothness setting was OK and
didn't take ages to render in POV.

Just add texturing, scaling etc.

Looks nice!