POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bevelled extruded shapes and text : Re: Bevelled extruded shapes and text Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:35:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bevelled extruded shapes and text
From: tiresias
Date: 6 Feb 2008 04:10:00
Message: <web.47a97870420e7654ece4ae9e0@news.povray.org>
Thanks, I'll give that a try. The docs say that it doesn't give perfect results,
presumably because it is using lots of shapes sheared in different directions,
so I guess there are likely to be seams visible at high resolution unless a
very large number of steps is used.

I may see if I can reproduce the Wings 3D method again as that gave superb
results.

.... unless anyone has any other alternative methods?