POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HD dead for good : Re: HD dead for good Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HD dead for good
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Feb 2008 15:10:00
Message: <web.47a8c270cee3ae6b498ddace0@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
> > huh?  shouldn't be delete rather than keypad-?
> >
> No. Ctrl+Alt+[+|-] changes resolusion/refreshrate/etc with X.

anyway, it didn't work during boot.  I even opened the case and rearranged a few
cables but to no good.  The system does not detect it in any way.  I'll get it
to some technician tomorrow to see what`s wrong and perhaps buy another drive.

Or should I go for a really large thumbdrive and boot from there. ;)

really, I could just make a few partitions in it as ext3 and get a far cheaper
drive.  I'm just concerned with the life extent of such a setup... perhaps it's
cheaper to just buy a conventional HD in the long run...