POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What you say? : Re: What you say? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What you say?
From: Hildur K
Date: 4 Feb 2008 13:50:00
Message: <web.47a75d1fe875e83df164b0000@news.povray.org>

> or Potsherd. In archaelogy a sherd is a part of a broken pot and a shard
> is part of broken glass, but you can still have a potshard. Got to love
> this language.

leaving the space blank, it simply picked the first word starting with s-h-a-r
which is shard! It could just as well have been -share- or -sharp-

or my favorite: -shark-!

I remember -trying- to read an article, -presumably- about 3D art, translated
from French to English. The translation kept on repeating that everything was
-gold-, over and over again. Very confusing. Obviously this was not to be taken
literally in this context.

expression in French, meaning -great- or -best- maybe? Does this ring a bell
with any of you fluent French speaking people?

Hildur