POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : waste of time! : Re: waste of time! Server Time
15 Jun 2024 16:55:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waste of time!
From: nemesis
Date: 4 Feb 2008 12:05:00
Message: <web.47a7449eb082306efba9d8b70@news.povray.org>
really impressive, man!  You take povray rendering tests far more metodically
and seriously than I'd ever hope for! :)

"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Global
>       max_trace_level 15
>       adc_bailout .02
>       (assumed_gamma default)
>
> radiosity pass w/previous photon map (Global assumed_gamma 2.0 - radiosity rends

> count 30
> nearest_count 8
> gray_threshold 0.02
> minimum_reuse .0095
> brightness 0.2

oh, simple yet nice...

> // lathe (only with quadratic splines)

standard drawing curve primitive in all vector graphics programs I know of.

> //hollow     extra hollow in union

yeah, I went extra paranoid in case I was testing media for the material... :P

>   Total Time:    1 hours 57 minutes 58 seconds (7078 seconds)

well, of course normals not used. ;)

> aQ takes Nemesis for ride in the grav-A ship. Notice there are no seat belts
> needed.

that was a sweet ride, thanks. :)

I think I liked 11 the best, both the colors, coloured reflections and slightly
brighter photon mapping. :)

> oh craap now I see "dispersion_samples"
> it never ends, this evolution image file could have been better and shown more
> optional results.

someone could come up with a really nice and detailed marble material for the
ground (or table top). :)