POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : general technique? : Re: general technique? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: general technique?
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Feb 2008 09:25:01
Message: <web.47a71f339cf71029731f01d10@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:
> Now, personally, I have a nasty habit of cranking up radiosity and
> anti-aliasing even during my test renders. I let it render for half and
> hour, come back and make a small change, and let it render again for
> another half hour. Besides making me take forever to create anything,
> the only real drawback is that half an hour is sometimes long enough for
> me to forget what the heck I was doing. :-/

I do that too, but sometimes I forget to come back!

It's quite nice, though, when you're happy with some geometry for the time being
and you're just doing medium-high-quality tests for 15-30 mins at a time to get
a texture or radiosity setting juuuuust right. Once I'm in the 'zone' I find it
a good way to break up whatever else I'm doing (housework, cooking, brain
surgery, that sort of thing).

:-)