POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CSG tree of Unions : CSG tree of Unions Server Time
17 May 2024 05:56:03 EDT (-0400)
  CSG tree of Unions
From: melo
Date: 4 Feb 2008 03:45:01
Message: <web.47a6d01895eefef63c0d56f20@news.povray.org>
Well I have a hierarchically structured CSG tree. Different parts of the tree at
different levels represent different body parts.

#declare Humanoid =
  union { // trunk
    cone{ ..}
    sphere{ ...}
    union{  // right arm
      sphere{..} // shoulder
      cone{..}   // upperarm
      union{ // lower right arm
        sphere{..} // elbow
        cone{..} // lowerarm
        union{
           sphere{..} wrist
           object{ right_hand }
           }
        }
    }

This structuring allows me to animate by rotating about joints/spheres.  After
rotating a number of body parts, the coordinates of the sphere, cone objects
that make up Humanoid object change.

Now questions:
1. Do those changes get reflected back in the POV-RAY SDL variable Humanoid?
2. Is it possible to traverse my CSG Unioned tree object and figure out where
the limbs of my virtual guy have ended up at? [I need to be able to do this so
I can put my Humanoid into the pose he was at the end of the prev stage, at the
beginning of the new stage.)