POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : general technique? : Re: general technique? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: general technique?
From: H@@kon
Date: 1 Feb 2008 13:35:00
Message: <web.47a3651b9cf710293352c30a0@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gil### [at] agroparistechfr> wrote:

> web.47a217e87b8d0c8a95b8a6100@news.povray.org...
> > Hello!
> >
> > Just discovered Pov Ray and totally amazed of what people make.
> > Could someone explain to me this:
> > Sorry if this is a very stupid question, but really nags me...
> > And appreciate every answer...
>
> I've written a few "behind the scenes" texts that describe how I did some
> complex POV-Ray images. It's more about the general process but you may find
> it useful anyway, since in some cases the intermediate images were kept.
>
> Direct links to the texts:
> http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=590
> http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=464
> http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=168
> http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=204
> http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=163
> http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=505
> http://www.oyonale.com/iss.php
> http://www.oyonale.com/variations.php
>
> Gilles
>
> --
> *****************************
> http://www.oyonale.com
> *****************************
> - Graphic experiments
> - POV-Ray, Cinema 4D and Poser computer images
> - Posters

:-))))

It especially your picture that got me thinking about the rendering time! I
guess you would test it a lot of times, and think you mention it takes a lot of
hours that final "shot". Amazing picture, and a great description of your work!
Bookmarked!

Warp's page is excellent too for learning.

I'm really impressed how many serious and good answer you give a totally
newbie-question. Must be a really good community!