POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job offers from Sony Pictures (raytracing and rendering programming) : Re: Mike the Elder's blank name Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mike the Elder's blank name
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 1 Feb 2008 09:20:01
Message: <web.47a329818aa9d3a08ce742260@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> And lo on Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:43:13 -0000,  did spake, saying:
>
> > Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Best Regards,
> > Mike C.
>
> Just FYI showing up on Opera as a blank name probably because of this -
>
> From: "Mike the Elder" <SPELL:
>
> it don't like them thar pointy things.
>
> --
> Phil Cook

I removed the whole thing to be sure the offending bit would go. I never typed a
"<", the site threw it in.  I believe it may have been the colon that caused the
problem.  I'll get around to creating a signature with a properly bot-proof
reference to my email eventually.  Thanks for the heads up.

Best Regards,
Mike C.