POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : general technique? : general technique? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  general technique?
From: H@@kon
Date: 31 Jan 2008 13:50:00
Message: <web.47a217e87b8d0c8a95b8a6100@news.povray.org>
Hello!

Just discovered Pov Ray and totally amazed of what people make.
Could someone explain to me this:

The most breathtaking pictures are using a lof of hours rendering, some a whole
day.

how do you make these pictures?

do you code a lot before you render (and you visually know the result of your
coding) OR is there a preview function with a lot of testing?

I thought at first there was a lot of testing, but if a render takes 5-6 hours
then you really should "know" when to test...

Sorry if this is a very stupid question, but really nags me...
And appreciate every answer...