POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies : Re: Haskell goodies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell goodies
From: alphaQuad
Date: 29 Jan 2008 17:10:01
Message: <web.479fa309821471c4a0fb21480@news.povray.org>
> Sounds like something Andrew would be interested in ...
>
> "
> I've been pondering a type that's so mind-bogglingly weird that I can no
> longer think about it without frying my neurons. So instead I'll just
> dump the contents of my brain here so you can fry your neurons too.
> "
>
> http://sigfpe.blogspot.com/2008/01/type-that-should-not-be.html

It is probably to my gain that I understood none of that.
After all you said it all: it should not be. And it doesn't exist for me.

Nemesis wrote:
>nothing like being ignorant and enjoying every bit of it! :P

Makes me think of Maxwell. Probably everyone knows of him.
A case where you are unknowingly NOT enjoying being ignorant.

You may recall scalar magnitude. 2 waves traveling in opposite direction cancel.
0 Amplitude. 0 Frequency. I recall little else on that concept, except that we
were left with some erroneous concept that the 2 waves were cancelled and their
power was not discussed.

Full disclosure of his theory was removed from academia because it was thought
to be too powerful. Maybe you were left wondering. It is the important things
we need to know, it is not?

Generally some people are right or left brained people. That is, the side you

What would happen if the hemispheres of your brain were operating on the same
freq?

Would you fall over dead? Or be zombified because you now had 0 Amplitude and 0
Frequency in your head? And what would sync these 2 cranial hemispheres electro
magnetically? What would be the result? I believe Maxwell had an answer to the
last question that you were not allowed to know.

Anyone?
Else this dies here.

aQ