POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : waste of time! : Re: waste of time! Server Time
17 Jun 2024 06:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waste of time!
From: nemesis
Date: 28 Jan 2008 15:25:00
Message: <web.479e394bb082306ef48316a30@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Just rendered here with 3.7.

whoa!

> LOT faster with +am2 +a0.3 at 1360*1024 AMD Athlon TBird 1400MHz.
> Added adc_bailout 0.013.
> Render time: 1:48:15.

you just punched me in the face!  And I liked it... :P

> Only thing, your glasses look much darker.

yeah, too many pigment interactions from everywhere going on.

Many thanks for adc_bailout tip.  I actually looked it up from max_trace_level
in the documentation, but they give the hint not to mess with it...

I also saw what you said about fade_power and fade_distance in the interior.
But I was afraid of it getting much worse to render...

well, now that you're feeling bold and adventurous, try it with area_light and
photons. And post the result! :)