POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : new news client : Re: new news client Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new news client
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Jan 2008 10:35:01
Message: <web.479b5265ade97551743af2f90@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Have you tried some other, less known, compression formats: BH, SIT, RAR, 7Z, A,
> ACE, ARC, TZ, GZ, GZA, LHA, TAR,...

You know, the sad part is that I'm on a Linux box.  Could've just typed tar czf
foo.tgz and be done with it.  But I wanted to do it the dumb graphical way.  So
I just relied on the defaults.  That means "File-Roller" took the executable
name and just added zip.  The exe continued.

Another option would be to rename the file to be uploaded, eliminating the exe
sufix.  Not possible on Windows, but I've done it several times in the past on
Linux.  Like when sending tgzed mp3 to gmail. :)