POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Brighteyes Passed On : Re: Brighteyes Passed On Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brighteyes Passed On
From: alphaQuad
Date: 25 Jan 2008 14:35:00
Message: <web.479a39947419c6b445e4d9750@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <bdc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Last night, one of our cats passed away.  His name was Brighteyes, and we've had
> him for more than four and a half years.
>
> Normally quite large (at one time he weighed more than 30 lbs!), over the last
> year he's suffered from cancer, and lost a lot of weight.  The past few months,
> he stopped eating his dry food, although he would still eat cans of wet food.
>
> Yesterday, he urinated blood constantly throughout the day.  Then, a few minutes
> after I came home, he collapsed.  Although he was still breathing when we
> wrapped him in a blanket and carried him to the car, he had passed on by the
> time we reached the emergency animal clinic - which means that he died in
> Kimberly's arms.
>
> We first found him as a stray outside of a motel in Seaside, OR.  Although it
> seems we didn't have him with us for long, we tried to give him the best home
> we could.
>
> ....Chambers
> www.pacificwebguy.com
>
> PS My first reply will contain a picture of him.  In the next day or two I'm
> going to post some more pictures of him on my website.

Could not continue reading your post at the first sight of "blood".
Sorry for your loss. If it hurt, I can relate:

When Gary landed in the hospital turning yellow and jaundiced, I was just as
devasted as my very first heartbreak; heart pounding emptiness of shear agony
for my blunder.

Some withdraw never to love again in this life, thinking "love hurts". When
really the answer is to love more.

Here is his first photo when he landed hungry on our patio. (lower right)

Who could not love that face (even though it was biting the heads off the mice
he caught), Answer: Dark souls cannot love

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gary4.jpg' (120 KB)

Preview of image 'gary4.jpg'