POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Bruteforcerendering with povray : Re: Bruteforcerendering with povray Server Time
20 May 2024 04:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bruteforcerendering with povray
From: Hymyly
Date: 25 Jan 2008 07:15:00
Message: <web.4799d1bfe181953ef1cc7120@news.povray.org>
nemesisskribis:
> funny you say that.  I recently was testing radiosity and meshes and the image
> bellow is radiosity-only:  2 very bright ambient objects above providing the
> "light".  The ground shadow is very much smoother than one generated by
> area_lights in another test.  The shading in the body, though, seems to suffers
> a bit.  I don't know if radiosity has some trouble with meshes...

Wow. I have tried the same, but even with crazy high settings (count 1600,
error_bound 0.001, etc) the best I have managed to render was a slightly
grayish patch behind my obstacles. (And long rendering times, of course.) Could
you perhaps show me the code, please? I have tried for quite long to achieve
these effects.

Still, my previous statement remains valid: there are things that povray cannot
render. And there are things that no rendering software can render (yet).

Hymyly.
And there was light.