POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray : Re: Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray Server Time
9 May 2024 10:44:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion fora new feature in POV-Ray
From: nemesis
Date: 23 Jan 2008 11:50:01
Message: <web.47976f502893557f773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> -neXtgen is a IDE for POV-Ray, so is dedicated to interact with POV-Ray
> and ONLY with POV-Ray. SO I thought since I have tryed and is nice, I
> would like to use the editor but have POV_Ray handy, the obvious
> solution is to integrate neXtgen into POV-Ray as an alternative built-in
> editor.

Povray is a renderer.  Integrating a renderer into your software really just
means to call the renderer to render a scene file or cancel the rendering.
Trivial interprocess communication in most OSes handle that just well:  no need
for DLLs, APIs etc.

Your IDE/software/whatever is not so much really intending to interact with
povray as it is supposed to interact with povray SDL files.  What use is for
povray to come with 5 different editors/IDEs to suit someone needs?  Just
download it and use it together with povray.  Heck, it's difficult enough to
get Moray into schedule, let alone more external stuff.  Besides, you'll need
Qt... :P