POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hyper-treading in PovRay : Re: hyper-treading in PovRay Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hyper-treading in PovRay
From: H  Karsten
Date: 21 Jan 2008 09:25:00
Message: <web.4794aaa4f99767716d3936e0@news.povray.org>
> Have you actually timed this? Rather than depending on the PPS count?
>
> My experience shows that HT can add as much as 20% to rendering speed.
>
> -- Chris

yes, it was the PPS-count. I have made a lot of experience by using hyper
threading and it was all the same: If the software does not support HT in the
code, its always slower.

For example: When I'm using the Indigo renderer with HT, the result is more
grainy (same render time as without). And Indigo does also not support HT.

Sorry for the long delay

Holger