POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request - Texture Override, Help Request : Re: Feature Request - Texture Override, Help Request Server Time
21 May 2024 20:05:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request - Texture Override, Help Request
From: MessyBlob
Date: 18 Jan 2008 12:15:01
Message: <web.4790de7d26ad74aeaddfbead0@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> Yes, that's part of the problem.  The bricks are not flat, but are randomly skewed
to look more realistic.  I may sti
ll be able to use this idea, or perhaps the non-transparent road idea as outlined
above.

Have you tried 'snowing' Blob objects onto the bricks?

This involves casting rays within the script, and placing blobs at the
intersections with your bricks. You could probably impose a condition on the
intersection position to avoid the gaps.

I've seen a "snow scene" demo script that might help with this (can't remember
where I saw it) - I think with a school bus and a twig in it too.