POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with plotting a parametric equation : Re: Help with plotting a parametric equation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with plotting a parametric equation
From: SharkD
Date: 17 Jan 2008 20:05:01
Message: <web.478ffb303284050c7ba03b340@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> You have to look at the *entire* area of text I circled in the image. Beneath
> the big, bold parametric equation are variable definitions, where additional
> equations are used.

Looking at your code again, I see that you did, in fact, notice this. I assumed
this was not the case since you said the shape was that of a cone (which the
bold lettering is the parametric formula of). However, in your equation you set
z to equal L instead of 2L - 1, resulting in the (rounded) conical shape.