POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with plotting a parametric equation : Re: Help with plotting a parametric equation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with plotting a parametric equation
From: SharkD
Date: 17 Jan 2008 16:15:00
Message: <web.478fc4263284050c7ba03b340@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> I didn't have any crashes... oddness....
>
> It looks like a cone to me.

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/Zakardis/?action=view&current=color_sphere3.jpg

You have to look at the *entire* area of text I circled in the image. Beneath
the big, bold parametric equation are variable definitions, where additional
equations are used.

As for the crashes, I don't know what is causing them. Usually, if there's a
typo or some error in copying and pasting text into the edit window, the
program will simply quit parsing and give a minor error in the status bar or
"Messages" tab.