POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 31 : Re: Liquid animation 31 Server Time
27 Jun 2024 17:31:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 31
From: James
Date: 17 Jan 2008 03:25:00
Message: <web.478f10453422827eb6bd1c500@news.povray.org>
Fidos,

I have been a fan of your animations since about your 10th post. Your use of
solvers in the animations are incredible.

I am an engineering graduate who did CFD in uni, unfortunately I have lost most
of my notes and don't have any data on implicit solvers, they are notoriously
hard to come by on the internet. I need a one dimensional solver with
compressible properties in order to solve for fluid flow in compressed air
lines in real time. I am working on a ring main type airline with multiple take
off points, and want to justify reducing the size of pipe for the next
installation.

Code in matlab or POV code for a simple implicit solver would be good to get me
started. Who knows, I might be able to animate the results and post them here
in the future.

James