POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need rendered stills? : Re: Need rendered stills? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need rendered stills?
From: bluetree
Date: 13 Jan 2008 05:25:01
Message: <web.4789e5dc5a58df7a3c53096e0@news.povray.org>
One important reason for matte painting might also be the price of 3D
renderings.
What do you think about different ways of animating 3D characters?
e.g. compare these two movies (I've only seen the first one and I won't watch
the second one in future):
Final Fantasy - Spirits Within (I think ALL 3D animated characters)
Beowulf (motion captured animated characters)
I thought they could do much more nowadays ( http://www.beowulfmovie.com/ )...
Somehow it doesn't come to life. Perhaps more
"stunt work, miniatures with astounding attention to detail, robot puppets"
would have been better -> forget 3D, do it by yourself!!
So do we really need 3D renderings?

bluetree