POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Graininess : Graininess Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Graininess
From: SharkD
Date: 11 Jan 2008 20:20:00
Message: <web.478814f1bdf1ceb1d410b38f0@news.povray.org>
http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hslsphereshowgw2.jpg

If you look at the above image you can see graininess where the square grid
overlaps the cut portion of the sphere? What causes this? Ususally stuff like
this only happens when there are coincident surfaces. I checked and there are
none. Moving the grid away from the sphere surface causes the problem to
lessen. Turning the light sources off causes it to go away. I've experimented
with changing to a parallel camera, parallel lights, turning off shadows and
reflection for objects, turning off ambient in global settings and in the
finish, turning off radiosity, etc....